This Dijon Salmon and Potatoes roast within the oven till the fish is juicy and flaky and the potatoes are mushy and buttery. It’s a meal with easy pantry substances, but flavorful and spectacular!
Roasted Salmon and Potatoes
This sheet pan salmon dish is straight from the “fast and straightforward” folder of my recipes. This straightforward, wholesome, and scrumptious dinner is nice for busy weeknights or particular meals. The Dijon and lemon juice hold the salmon juicy and add a ton of taste. The roasted petite potatoes add texture and taste to this Spring dish.
Potatoes might not be the primary vegetable you consider in the case of pairing with salmon. Often, asparagus takes that place. However not right here. Buttery gold child potatoes are sliced in half and tossed with oil, then roasted till virtually carried out. You may play right here with baking time. Improve it if you need the potatoes extra crispy.
- salmon: I used wild-caught coho salmon from Sitka Salmon Shares
- potatoes: I used gold petite potatoes
- oil: I used grapeseed, however olive oil can be utilized too
- Dijon mustard
- lemon juice
- salt and pepper
Tips on how to make baked salmon with potatoes?
- Begin by washing potatoes. Slice every one in half and place in a bowl.
- Toss potatoes with oil and salt and pepper.
- Prepare potatoes on a baking sheet and roast for quarter-hour in preheated oven.
- Combine Dijon mustard, lemon juice, garlic, and butter in a bowl.
- Season salmon with salt and pepper and brush with Dijon combination.
- Add salmon to potatoes on a baking sheet and bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
What different greens pair properly with salmon?
Different greens that go properly with salmon (or different fish for that matter) embody asparagus, broccoli, inexperienced beans, zucchini, and so on. If you need a contemporary vegetable salad, a creamy cucumber salad with dill is a superb alternative.
What salmon ought to I take advantage of?
For this recipe, I used a wild-caught coho salmon fillet, which I reduce into two items. Every is about 2″ vast. It’s a very pink and meaty salmon. Wild salmon is healthier than Atlantic salmon (the latter one is farmed, raised in crowded pens). Different nice decisions are sockeye, the king, or chinook. Yow will discover corporations that work with fishermen in Alaska and promote seafood subscription bins, that supply premium salmon caught within the wild.
What potatoes are finest for this dish?
I used petite gold potatoes as a result of they’re buttery, creamy, and cook dinner shortly. I feel they complement the salmon rather well. Yukon gold are among the finest potatoes for roasting.
Storing leftovers and reheating:
Any leftovers must be saved in a container with a lid, within the fridge for as much as 3 days.
To reheat cooked salmon, go sluggish and low. Preheat your oven to 275 levels F and warmth up the salmon for about quarter-hour or till the inner temperature reaches no less than 125 levels F.
Extra seafood recipes:
For extra recipes like this one, be happy to browse our Dinner class.
When you like this recipe and make it, snap a photograph and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can test it out and go away a remark!
Roasted Dijon Salmon and Potatoes
This Dijon Salmon and Potatoes roast within the oven till the fish is juicy and flaky and the potatoes are mushy and buttery. It is a meal with easy pantry substances, but flavorful and spectacular!
- 2 salmon fillets about 6 oz every
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb gold petite potatoes
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
Take away salmon from the fridge and let stand in room temperature whilst you put together the potatoes.
Preheat oven to 400° Fahrenheit. Line a big baking sheet with non-bleached parchment paper.
Wash potatoes and slice every one in half. Place all in a bowl.
Toss potatoes with oil and salt and pepper.
Prepare potatoes on a baking sheet and roast for quarter-hour in preheated oven.
Within the meantime, combine Dijon mustard, lemon juice, minced garlic, butter and salt and pepper in a small bowl.
Push the potatoes to the perimeters of the baking sheet and place salmon fillets within the center.
Brush the Dijon combination over salmon. Any leftover may be poured over the potatoes.
Place the sheet pan again within the oven and bake for 8 to 10 minutes OR till the salmon reaches 145 levels Fahrenheit. Don’t overcook.
Take away from oven, plate and serve.
- To reheat cooked salmon: preheat your oven to 275 levels F and warmth up the salmon for about quarter-hour or till the inner temperature reaches no less than 125 levels F.
- You may add asparagus, broccoli, inexperienced beans or zucchini to this dish as properly.
- I like to recommend wild-caught salmon for this dish.
- Please notice, that the diet worth can range relying on what product you utilize. The knowledge under is an estimate. All the time use calorie counter you might be conversant in.
Energy: 595kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 39g | Fats: 30g | Saturated Fats: 10g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 10g | Monounsaturated Fats: 8g | Trans Fats: 1g | Ldl cholesterol: 124mg | Potassium: 1840mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 437IU | Vitamin C: 49mg | Calcium: 69mg | Iron: 3mg